Fun Things to Do in Las Vegas: Water Sports
You probably didn't know this but Las Vegas is surrounded great place to enjoy water sports. There is Lake Mead, the largest reservoir in the United States and formed by the mighty Colorado river. It's multitude of bays and marinas make Lake Mead one of the top fun things to do in Las Vegas. There is also Lake Mohave, further down along the Colorado river near Laughlin. You will love it's fresh, clear waters which make it perfect to go scuba diving. It is also a great place to go swimming, jet skiing kayaking, fishing, boating, and water-skiing. Around the lake is filled with amazing places for hikers, wildlife photographers, and roadside sightseers.
So there you have it, Las Vegas actually is a great place for water sports!
How to Get to Lake Mead from Las Vegas:
Turn left to arrive at:
Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Temple Bar Marina, AZ 86443
Estimated travel time is 59 minutes and a distance of 38 miles from Las Vegas, NV
- Take East Lake Mead to Callville Bay Rd.
- Take E Lake Mead Blvd and NV-167 to Callville Bay Rd for 33.4 mi
- Follow Callville Bay Rd to your destination 3.9 mi
- Turn right onto Callville Bay Rd at 3.9 mi
How to get to Lake Mohave from Las Vegas
Need a vehicle to tow our watercraft to the lake?
- Las Vegas, NV
- Head northeast on N Las Vegas Blvd toward E Ogden Ave-0.2 mi
- Turn right to merge onto I-515 S/US-93 S/US-95 S-19.6 mi
- Continue onto US-93 S/US-95 S-2.2 mi
- Continue onto US-93 S-3.2 mi
- Turn left to stay on US-93 S
- Entering Arizona-49.2 mi
- Turn right onto 1st St-4.3 mi
- Turn left onto Coyote Rd-1.2 mi
- Turn right onto Cottonwood Rd-13.3 mi-Turn left onto Pot Cove Rd-0.5 mi
No problem! We have SUV's available for just $50
Do you have any more questions? Please feel free to visit us in person, or please call
1620 N Boulder Hwy, Henderson, NV 89011
Ph: (702) 568-8999
Hope to see you guys soon!